I’m having an issue – how can I get help?
If you are experiencing any issues, have some questions or just want someone to talk to – please email us at email@example.com
us on 081-696-1623
Who can be a member?
Any student in SA that has a valid student number can become a member of Varsity Vibe. Age is but a number – if you’re a student (no matter how old), you can join.
However, if you are 16-25 and bank with Standard Bank, you can get access to Premium, so we also cater for the youth that are not students.
What do I need to become a Varsity Vibe member?
You need to:
- be a registered student in South Africa;
- own an Apple or Android compatible phone/device; and
- be able to pay the R200 membership fee
(remember that’s a once off fee for the 12 month membership which equates to less then R17/month).
Do I need the app?
Yes! The only way you can redeem a deal is with the Varsity Vibe app. Each partner offering a deal will ask to see your completed “My Profile” screen (i.e. you have uploaded a profile pic of yourself) at the very least. Some will need to scan your barcode / QR code.
Where can I download the App from?
Varsity Vibe can be downloaded from Google Play store
or Apple App store
How much does a membership cost?
Varsity Vibe Freemium memberships are FREE, duh.
A Varsity Vibe Premium membership costs R200 (once-off) for 12 months from date of purchase. So, let’s say you join 15 July 2021, your membership will only expire on 15 July 2022 etc.
Can I pay Cash?
Yes. You can pay cash at one of our vibe agents and they will activate you on the spot.
Click here for a full list of the vibe agents
What is a Vibe Agent?
A vibe agent is a student/someone who works for us. You can pay them the R200 membership fee in cash and they will be able to activate your Varsity Vibe membership on the spot! For more info, please check out our Vibe Agent page.
How long does a Varsity Vibe membership last?
A Varsity Vibe Membership is valid for 12 months from the date of payment of the R200 membership fee. That works out to less than R17/month (i.e. if you signed up at the beginning of the year but only pay to be a full member on 15 July 2019, you will be a full member until 15 July 2020).
How can I access Varsity Vibe for FREE?
Varsity Vibe is only free for Standard Bank Student Achiever customers in South Africa who are under the age of 24 years old.
I have already created a Varsity Vibe profile, how can...
All of this happens at ‘Step 2’ of the sign up process. To be taken back to Step 2, where you can be verified as a Standard Bank Student Achiever account holder, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
saying “I have Varsity Vibe and want to switch to a Standard Bank VV account” and we will sort you out asap.
Do SB MyMo / Student Achievers need the app to redeem...
You can search for and redeem deals on the Varsity Vibe app OR our mobi-site on www.varsityvibe.co.za
. BUT the Varsity Vibe app is the best way to keep up to date with all of our latest offerings, new partners and features – so do the right thing and download the VV app. Standard Bank MyMo / Student Achievers need to show their completed profile to the teller and pay with their MyMo / Student Achiever (Debit/Credit) card in order to redeem their VV deals.
I have signed up and now want to pay.
If you are using the app, click on a deal which will have a padlock next to it. This will immediately take you to where you are in the signup process.
STEP 2 (Verify your uni) – input your student number and choose your university. We will send an email to your university email account with a link you will need to click to complete your university verification.
STEP 3 (Payment) – you can select one of our available payment options. Payment options include:
- Credit card: VISA or MasterCard
- Debit Cards: (ABSA, Standard Bank, FNB, Nedbank & Capitec customers who have a chip card)
- EFT directly into our bank account
- Pay CASH via a Vibe Agent – to find out more please checkout our Vibe Agent page
My university / college is not on the list?
Select the “Other Uni” option.
If you are having any further issues, please email us at email@example.com
or WhatsApp us on 081-696-1623.
I never received my verification email, what do I do now?
The verification email was sent to your student email address so please ensure you are checking the correct email address inbox. Should you still not see it please check your spam / junk folder.
If it is not there please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or WhatsApp us on 081-696-1623 and we will gladly assist.
I have signed up as a SB Student Achiever. How long...
The verification process may take up to 48 Business Hours.
Once approved, you will be able to access your Varsity Vibe app as a full member and redeem your deals and discounts.
If you are experiencing issues, direct queries to email@example.com
or WhatsApp us on 081-696-1623.
How do I get a Varsity Vibe card?
You can’t. The Varsity Vibe app has replaced the card. No App = No membership = No deals.
How do I get my deal?
Simply go in store, go to the checkout and show your Varsity Vibe App “My Profile” screen to the cashier / waitron. Please ensure you are a paid member and have uploaded your profile picture. The cashier / waitron uses the profile pic to identify that the app belongs to you. NO profile pic, NO deal!
What happens if I don’t have my phone (i.e. the...
You won’t be able to get any of the deals. All our retail partners have the right to request your Varsity Vibe “ My Profile” screen upon redemption of the deal/discount.
Can SB members access their deals without their VV...
- App: NO. You cannot redeem your VV deal without proving that you are a full member. You can only prove this by showing your COMPLETED PROFILE which can only be seen via the app.
- Student Achiever Card: NO. You cannot redeem your deal without using your VV app in conjunction with your Student Achiever (Debit/Credit) card.
Where are the deals located?
The deals are located all around South Africa. To find out more on a specific deal’s location:
On your App:
- Click on the deal you are interested in. If you scroll down you will see all the locations / branches listed below as well as the “Terms & Conditions” applicable to that deal.
- Click on “Map” mode on the top right hand corner of the “Deals” page. Here, you will be able to see the pinned locations for all the deals near you.
- You can also click on “Near” on the bottom right hand corner of the “Deals” page. This will show you the nearest deals around you.
On the VV website:
- Visit varsityvibe.co.za and click on the deal you are interested in. If you scroll down you will see all the locations / branches listed below as well as the “Terms & Conditions” applicable to that deal.
- Turn on “Map” mode located on the top left hand side under the “I’m looking for” search bar. Here, you will be able to see the pinned locations for all the deals near you.
How many times can I access my deals?
The deals are UNLIMITED. This means that you can redeem Varsity Vibe deals over and over again. Make sure to read specific store’s “Terms & Conditions” (located at the bottom of a deal screen) as some stores limit redemption to once a day.
What is a referral code?
A referral code is a unique 6-digit sequence, which every member is assigned should they want to refer a friend. This code lets us know which friends you have recruited using our “Refer Friends” feature. Please note: If a referral code is not used or used incorrectly the referral commission will not be transferred to you.
Where do I find my unique referral code?
Your referral code can be found in pink in the left hand corner of you profile picture on your “My Profile” screen.
I referred a friend but never received my R40?
Have you given us your banking details yet? Please check your personal email for an email from us asking for your bank details. If you never receive the email please check your spam / junk folders. If you have still not received an email from us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org we will gladly assist.
Ikeys and Wits Vibe members
may get a FREE Varsity Vibe membership. If you refer such a member, then you do not get a R40 referral fee. (ie. if Varsity Vibe does not receive a R200 payment, we cannot pay a R40 commission/referral fee).
Standard Bank Student Achiever card holders
get a FREE Varsity Vibe membership. If you refer such a member, then you do not get a R40 referral fee. (ie. if Varsity Vibe does not receive a R200 payment, we cannot pay a R40 commission/referral fee).
If you aren’t a full Varsity Vibe member yet, there are 3 options available
- You complete step 3 (pay) and become a full Varsity Vibe member, in which case we pay the cash into your bank account for all your successful referrals and every other person you successfully recruit thereafter; or
- We accumulate the R40 for each successful referral you make until you reach R200 (5 successful recruits) and you get an automatic VV membership. All referrals thereafter will be paid direct into your bank account.
- If you have a Standard Bank Student Achiever card, you can get Varsity Vibe for FREE! If you are not a Standard Bank Student Achiever, apply today and you will be able to get VV for FREE! All referrals thereafter will be paid direct into your bank account.
What happens if I don’t give Varsity Vibe my bank...
You will not make the R40 commission. If you don’t give us your details within 3 months of the code being used you forfeit any commission that we owe you and the money will be given to a charity of our choice.
How long will the referral money take to reflect in my...
This will be dependent on your bank but it normally takes 48 – 72 hours.
What happens if a friend forgets to use my referral code?
The money will not be transferred into your account. Unfortunately, no adjustments can be made after your friend has signed up as this is all automatically generated. This is why it is very important to make sure that your friend uses your referral code at the time of sign up.
I want to change my profile picture.
Please email us at email@example.com
or WhatsApp us on 081-696-1623.