“Progress is a nice word. But change is its motivator. And change has its enemies” – Robert Kennedy
Here at Varsity Vibe, we have made some significant progress in that we have finally completed our integration with Standard Bank… and with it, some changes which we would like to make you aware of.
It has now created some great positives:
- An instant response time in terms of activating a FREE Varsity Vibe membership courtesy of Standard Bank
- You don’t have to be a student
- We are now able to activate foreign members with their Passport numbers instantly
- You just need to be a Standard Bank accountholder – so we can now open the offering to anyone that has any sort of account with Standard Bank (Student Loans, Vehicle finance, Savings accounts) and no longer just if they have a Student Achiever and/or MyMo account
but it also comes with certain changes/restrictions to ensure continuity:
- The offer is now age dependent only – a member needs to be between the ages of 16 and 25
- You need to ensure your Standard Bank account is active and in goodstanding – i.e. you use it
So… what this means is that should you be over 25 but still a student, the offer is no longer applicable to you.
In order for this to not be too much of a shock, we will continue to allow over 25 students the offer for an additional year. So the new terms will come into full effect from 30 October 2023. Please refer to our Standard Bank Terms & Conditions page for more information.
If you are over 25 but still a student, you can still opt to upgrade to Premium by paying the once-off R200 membership fee for a full 365 days of VV Premium from date of purchase.